Unsure of whether you’re watering olive trees too frequently or not enough? For the health of both indoor and outdoor plants, a good olive tree moisture meter is a wise investment.
I’ve been using soil moisture meters for over three years now, and I’ve tried multiple ones. In this post, I’ll share with you my favorite soil moisture meters so you can check the soil around your trees and ensure that the soil is always in perfect condition so the trees can grow into healthy plants and yield a bunch of olives.
What’s The best Olive Tree Moisture Meter?
I’ve decided to put only three products so you don’t get confused about the hundreds of different products available. In my opinion, these are the best, and there’s no need to look further.
1. ECOWITT WH0291 Soil Moisture Tester
- Soil Moisture Meter: measures soil moisture content within 72 seconds to let you know when to water...
- Digital LCD Display: with lovely flower pot icon to directly display the moisture level, easy to...
- Indoor & Outdoor Use: waterproof moisture sensor, can be used for indoor outdoor potted plants,...
The ECOWITT WH0291 Soil Moisture Sensor is a digital instrument with a waterproof sensor that can assess the state of the soil. This tool is adequate to help you grow olive trees.
After the Wi-Fi configuration is complete, the data can be accepted by the GW1000 Wi-Fi Gateway (available separately) and viewed on its WS View mobile application.
It determines the amount of soil moisture in 72 seconds to tell you when to water your plant. This waterproof moisture sensor can be used for indoor and outdoor potted plants, lawns, gardens, and more. For reliable readings, it is advised to fully bury the sensor in the earth and to leave it there for two to three minutes.
2. Kensizer Soil Moisture and pH Meter
- Moisture/pH Testers in One Set - Clear reading dashboard with arrow pointer, wide scale interval,...
- No Battery Required -- Save you from changing the battery, simply plug and play. Kindly note that DO...
- Single Probe Detection -- Make it easier to insert into the soil and lessen damage to the probe and...
The Kensizer Soil Tester is a versatile instrument that may be used to measure soil moisture, sunshine exposure, and pH levels. It has a dial that is responsive and a dashboard that is easy to read. So you can quickly receive your readings.
Plug-and-play technology eliminates the requirement for batteries, saving you the hassle of doing so. Simply dunk the probes into your vase or lawn soil to activate the Kensizer soil tester.
Soil moisture levels should range from 4 to 7 to get the relative pH value near to the absolute pH value. The difference in inaccuracy between the relative and absolute PH values is about 1-2.
3. MIOGREEN 4-in-1 Soil Moisture and pH Meter
- 🌳[4 -in -1 multifunctional] Soil tester can measure soil pH, soil nutrition, light, and soil...
- 🌺 [Easy to Read] The number is very clear and the color is full of vitality. The head of 90 ° C...
- 🌻[Fast Response] You only need to insert the probe deeper than 2.5 inches into the soil and get...
This 4-in-1 Soil Meter is a gardening gadget created to assist you in taking better care of your olive trees and to help you understand your plants’ condition.
This 4-in-1 soil tester allows you to determine whether the soil is suited for a certain plant on your lawn, garden, vegetable garden, or potted plants. This meter features the most up-to-date technology and a unique thick (6mm) probe. This strengthens the meter and improves measurement accuracy.
You can quickly and reliably evaluate your plants’ soil moisture, pH, soil nutrition, and sunshine intensity with this soil tester.
You only need to insert the probe around 4 inches (10 cm) into the soil to immediately receive an accurate reading. After use, the probe only needs to be removed from the dirt and cleaned.
How To Use Moisture Meters?
Moisture meters detect soil conductivity using the electrical resistance principle. You should calibrate the moisture meter before taking any readings to ensure accuracy.
The precise calibration procedure will change based on the type of meter being used. The majority of pinless meters, however, can be calibrated using a calibration block or kit that was created specifically for the purpose.
Steps for measuring the soil’s moisture:
- Step 1: Gently insert the metal probe about 4 to 5 inches into the ground. Remove the probe and try another area if you run against resistance. Given that the probe is sensitive, you shouldn’t push it.
- Step 2: Generally, moisture meters provide a reading within 30 to 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, if you still don’t notice a reading, take the probe out, give it a little wipe-down, and try again in a different place.
- Step 3: Reading moisture meters is simple once the results are ready. The display window of a moisture meter may show findings on a numerical scale or a scale from dry to wet, depending on the model and brand of the instrument. To further enhance clarity, the scales are frequently color-coded.
What’s The Ideal Soil Moisture For Growing Olive Trees?
The ideal soil moisture for olive trees is between 50% and 60%. In other words, water them when the moisture content falls below 40%. If we use a scale of 1 to 10, then the optimal range for soil moisture is 5 to 6.
Olive trees grow on almost any soil that is well-drained and aerated and has a pH range of 6.5 to 8.5. Therefore, locations with standing water during rainy seasons or with shallow groundwater (less than 1.2 meters below the surface) should be avoided.
Olive trees can tolerate some minor salinity, but they shouldn’t be planted in very salty or highly alkaline soil. Olives have a relatively shallow root system; thus, they don’t have any significant physical requirements beyond needing a soil profile that is between one and five meters deep.
Olives prefer soils that have a fine texture, such as loamy, silty clay, and sand. So, you should plant your olive tree in soil that drains well and stay away from any areas where puddles or pools of stagnant water can gather to reduce excess moisture.
You can monitor your olive tree soil moisture using the recommended moisture meters to get the best job done. If you suspect the soil moisture isn’t right, just pick the tool and check it. When you have readings, you’ll know what to do next.
So don’t worry if you see that your olive tree is losing its leaves because of either over or underwatering. Moisture meters are perfect tools for checking the soil and making sure that olive trees have the best possible conditions for healthy growth.