It’s challenging to determine which brands to trust when there’s so much dodgy oil circulating around. You may browse through hundreds of brands on Amazon but are confused about which ones stand out as the best? We make it easier for you to find the best USA extra virgin olive oils without any hustle.
The good news is that you don’t even have to pay top bucks to buy a high-quality product; there are still plenty of reliable and affordable olive oils available on the U.S market.
In this article, we will list the 7 best USA extra virgin olive oils, and most of them will be from California. In this way, you can be sure that what you purchase is exactly what you will receive.
The Best USA Extra Virgin Olive Oils
Let’s discuss where to look for extremely premium olive oils as well as some notable choices you should consider purchasing. Here are our current top seven picks for olive oils. All of these are extra-virgin and readily available.
1. California Olive Ranch Miller’s Blend Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
California Olive Ranch Miller’s Blend Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (Check the price on Amazon now) is the USA extra virgin olive oil and go-to on everyone’s grocery list. Its mild flavor makes it quite adaptable for all kinds of cooking tasks.
Extra virgin olive oil from California Olive Ranch is made from freshly pressed Californian olives that are bottled shortly after being picked. The California Olive Oil Council (COOC), which has some of the tightest standards in the world, certified this oil, making it one to be trusted.
- First cold-pressed olive oil
- Award-winning taste; over 230 awards in the last 10 years
- A most affordable option with excellent quality
- Go-to for everyday cooking
- Verified non-GMO by the Non-GMO Project and certified kosher by Orthodox Union.
- A mix of olives from four regions hence called the “Global Blend”
2. Corto Truly 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Truly 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Check the price on Amazon now) is another wonderful essential for any kitchen and has a bright, slightly fruity flavor. A seventh-generation Italian family in California is in charge of all of this magic with olive oil.
This 100% organic EVOO is harvested at its height of freshness, immediately cold-extracted, and then kept in a climate-controlled cellar until a customer orders. No order is kept in a climate-controlled warehouse for more than 4 to 6 weeks.
- 100% real deal
- Cold extracted produces the best ultra-fresh extra-virgin olive oil
- Certified extra virgin olive oil by the California Olive Oil Council (COOC)
- Some of the best chefs in the industry choose Corto
3. Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Check the price on Amazon now) is among the world’s most esteemed extra virgin olive oil manufacturers. Notably, they run their business in Melbourne (Australia) and California. Their two locations enable them to manufacture from two different harvests each year, ensuring the oil is as fresh as possible.
The COOC in California has granted Cobram’s oils authenticity certification, and the company has also received other honors for having excellent taste. It is one of their best-rated products, earning a perfect five-star rating.
- Has a fine medium balance of bitter and peppery flavors
- Can be used it on pretty much anything to drizzle, roast, or sauté
- Award-Winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Easy-to-use Pop-Up Pourer Spout
- Has an acidity below 0.3% and tastes like fresh olives
4. Seka Hills Estate Grown Extra Virgin California Olive Oil
Seka Hills Estate Grown Extra Virgin California Olive Oil (Check the price on Amazon now) originates from the Capay Valley in California, which is located between Sacramento and the wine region.
Taking advantage of the Capay Valley’s Mediterranean climate, The Tribe has adopted the old tradition of farming olives while employing the most cutting-edge techniques to make its Séka Hills olive oil, taking advantage of the Capay Valley’s Mediterranean environment.
Estate-grown olives are picked at the height of maturity and brought right away to a specially designed Alfa Laval mill, which only produces certified extra virgin olive oil of the finest quality.
The Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation grew the Arbequina Olives used to make this high-quality EVOO. This specific blend is characterized as having a flavor that is “balanced and fruity with a tinge of pepper and the aroma of fresh cut grass.”
- Fruity and balanced with a touch of spice and the scent of freshly mowed grass
- Séka Hills is kept in a temperature-controlled environment and bottled as needed
- 3-liter Bag in Box
- California Olive Oil Council Certified
- Produced by the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation from Arbequina Olives
5. California Estate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
California Estate Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Check the price on Amazon now) is Life Extension’s unfiltered, cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made from hand-picked, perfectly ripe olives that were farmed organically without the use of pesticides and milled shortly after harvest.
This oil provides more than 800 mg/kg of naturally occurring olive polyphenols — 3 times the amount found in conventional store-bought olive oils. Another factor contributing to the abundance of health advantages of olive oil is that it contains a lot of monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Made from freshly milled, organically grown, hand-picked olives.
- Has three times the amount of antioxidant polyphenols as commercial oils
- Increases healthy HDL levels that are already within the usual range
- Encourages blood pressure that is already within a healthy range
- Promotes the health of the heart and endothelial function
6. Pompeian California Dream 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pompeian California Dream 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Check the price on Amazon now) is the best choice for any meal that starts with a sauté and ends with a drizzle. Located between lush mountains in the Cuyama Valley of Central California lies Pompeian’s Sunrise Olive Ranch.
Pompeian’s California Dream Extra Virgin Olive Oil is COOC Certified, Naturally Gluten-Free, Allergen-Free, and Non-GMO Project Verified. The North American Olive Oil Association has granted it authenticity certification (NAOOA)
In order to provide people with a more local and fresh olive oil of Mediterranean quality, Michael and Dan Devico moved to California. In 2014, they planted their first trees, and now you may enjoy the results of their labor.
- 100% California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Farmer-owned brand, which has over 125,000 olive trees over 1,025 acres of farmland
- Acidity is less than 0.3%, indicating a very stable and high-quality oil.
- Green UV protectant bottle
7. California Coast Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil from California Coast Naturals (Check the price on Amazon now) is made from olives that are hand-picked and pressed from ranchland that is CCOF Certified Organic near the Santa Barbara Coast.
These olives are some of the only ones to be thought of as a fantastic source of probiotics and antioxidants as a result of this natural curing process.
Olives are USDA/CCOF Approved Organic, Non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, and naturally salt cured. With no additives or pasteurization, the olives are manually collected and either sun-dried or traditionally salted to cure. Additionally, the Extra Virgin Olive Oil is produced on the same day as the harvest.
- Great Source of Probiotics and Antioxidants
- Hand Picked, Hand Packed
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan, Naturally Salt Cured, Oil Cured
- Cold Pressed, Unfiltered, Unrefined
Frequently Asked Questions
Where Does USA Produce Most of Olive Oils?
It is hardly surprising that a nation like the USA would be well known for its olive oil. California, however, is the only significant olive oil-producing state in the nation.
Does California Have Good Olive Oils?
99% of all olive oil produced in the United States is produced in California, which has established itself as a top exporter. The state’s diverse microclimates support at least 75 different olive varietals, providing producers with a wide range of flavor characteristics to choose from.
How Much Olive Oils Does USA Produce?
The market size, measured by revenue, of the Olive Oil Production industry US, is $83.4m in 2022. The growth rate of olive oil in the USA is expected to increase by 1.3% in 2022.
Are USA Olive Oils being Good When Compared with Other Countries?
The production of olive oil and extra virgin olive oil, which has increased since 2015, is primarily produced on the West Coast, specifically in California. When compared to other countries that produce olive oil, USA olive oil is considered good, especially if we take extra virgin olive oils into the count.
All of the extra virgin olive oils featured in this article provide assurance that you are purchasing the genuine deal. Almost all the olive oils mentioned above are USDA or other organic stamps of approval, such as the CCOF for the California Certified Organic Farmers certifying agency. With that said, a lot of other brands are also good options. But this article will surely save you time from heavy research.
If you’re interested in olive oils from other countries, make sure to check: